- Served as Egyptian counsel to a major oil company in a US$ 600 million acquisition with a finance facility agreement arranged by BNP Paribas
- Represented PICO GOS on a US$ 200 million facility provided by Morgan Stanley relating to the acquisition of an oil concession in Egypt
- Served as legal counsel to an Egyptian oil company on Egypt’s first reserves based lending facility for US$ 100 million from HSBC France and HSBC Egypt
- Represented Beshay Steel in a US$ 250 million facility arranged by Arab African International Bank
- Represented a major Egyptian private equity firm on a US$ 200 million facility in a transaction led by Morgan Stanley and Banque Misr
- Represented a glass manufacturer in an EGP 675 million loan transaction from NSGB and HSBC
- Represented Arab African International Bank and other lenders in the US$ 250 million medium-term facility relating to the acquisition of stakes held by Citigroup and others in Amoun Pharmaceutical Company. Total acquisition value for the transaction was US$ 500 million
Megaprojects and infrastructure
- Serving as the main legal adviser on the Egyptian Refinery Company, a US$ 3.7 billion greenfield petroleum refinery, project from 2007 to date. Financing for the project includes US$ 2.6 billion in debt and a further US$ 1.1 billion in equity. The venture was named the International Financial Law Review’s “project finance deal of the year.” Our firm has been involved in all legal aspects of the project, including, project agreements, licenses and regulatory approvals, financing documents and equity agreements.
- Provided advisory services to the Egyptian Government (in collaboration with the International Finance Corporation) on matters pertaining to Egyptian law in the build-own-operate Dairut power plant project
- Counseled the Ministry of Finance’s Public Private Partnership Central Unit on the Nile River transportation project
- Legal counsel for Egypt’s first securitized bond, issued in 2005. Since then we have served as legal counsel on 14 subsequent bond issues.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- xx We need something here